Thursday, July 28, 2011

Random Card # 824

Ok, so maybe it's not #824 but I've made quite a few over the last 11 months! I fancied to do a spot of colouring this evening, with no real idea of who I needed to make a card for. Sometimes I find this a lot easier than if I have a person in mind, as I don't need to worry about a persons particular taste in colour or image, and I don't need to try and fit in a sentiment - which can take me literally hours! So, does that mean that tonights card is a true reflection of my taste? Honestly? I have no idea! I do like green though....
I also like colouring the Sarah Kay images - I find they have enough detail in them that it makes it easier to colour, as you can add depth to the colouring without having to think to much about it! I've coloured it in with my alarmingly rapidly expanding stash of Promarkers (69 and counting) and inked the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress ink.
Handily, it just so happens to fit a couple of challenges (it would be rude not to....)
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Tuesday Morning Sketch #104

If anyone wants a card, just ask....

13 comments:

  1. Really pretty card and such lovely colouring.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! So sweet and soft. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card claire!!!!I would always want to get a card from u as they are so very awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My IF, you do Sarah Kay proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow C, I love the colouring on that straw hat, so real! I was pondering over my personal style the other day, it seems I jump from one thing to the next...can't really say I have one, but then you all know mine when you see them...sigh*
    By the way, I think this is truly yours :)It has a definite 'Claire' feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice style, Claire. Sarah Kay done right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! Love the hint of pink. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So soft and pretty....this is definitely you, my friend! And yes....I AM still your friend, purple bathroom or not...ha!
    I love your style, Claire.....simply elegant sums you up, to my mind....and I received such a one this mornin'....thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I just had a persentage of your coloring skill - sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at TMS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful; love your coloring and the soft and delicate DP you have used! Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. Your coloring looks great and I love the inked edges. Thanks for joining us at TMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, love these SK images too, great colouring too, thanks for joinnig us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete