Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Get Well Soon, Uncle Jim!

So for those who know (or indeed, care :D) my MIL has been in the land of Oz since the beginning of February, and is not expected to return until the end of May. The reason for this extended trip is that hubby's Uncle Jim (MIL's brother) had to have a fairly major op, and the doc's insisted that he had to have someone around when he was released from hospital to fetch and carry otherwise he would have to recuperate in the ward for eons.
Well, the op has finally happened and he is doing well, so thought I'd better get a card sent off in anticipation of his arrival home.
I've never met him, but I'm led to believe he's fond of fishing hence the subject matter. I'm not a huge fan of the sentiment "Get Well Soon" so chose a "Thinking of You" which can work in just about any given situation.

The stamp is from The Angel Company, and I've coloured him in using Promarkers, a button and a bit stripey MME paper and it's good to go. Just hope in the glue on the button holds in transit.....

I've not found many challenges this week to enter with this one, so I'll just go with the one from I Love Promarkers, which this week is Anything Goes.

7 comments:

  1. Aww, so glad you decided to share this wonderful creation with us this week :)

    Cute image and a wonderful card to send to Uncle Jim :) Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week.

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. C, love the Angel Company stamps. I think B got me hooked. Love your colouring on this one too :) Must agree with the thinking of you card, get well soon can sound so morbid...
    That said, I hope Uncle Jim really does get well soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, love the image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Uncle JIm gets well soon Claire. This is a wonderful card, I really like the cute little image. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card....would cheer anybody up, and thinkin' about going fishing again will cheer Uncle Jim up no-end, lol. Like your colours, too, :D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw lovely card -great image .Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Uncle Jim makes a speedy recovery. That's a lovely card to send him, thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete