Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Best laid plans of....

Me! So, busy day at work today, annual stocktake/inventory thing going on. Work tomorrow involves delivery of new stock to unpack and put away. An early night sound like a good idea? Well that's what I thought too. Absolutely was not going to make a card. Thought maybe I could do a bit of colouring and print off some digis, and then go to bed. Did that happen? Well no. Not quite. Nearly 11.30pm and I have a finished card to blog about.
One of the main questions of the evening involved a lengthy debate with the Dunderthal (my other half) about when does blue become turquoise and vice versa, and how much green was involved in the whole process. I had been intending to make the aforementioned card fit in with a Colour Challenge on the Outlawz site which involved brown and turquoise and a bit of distressing. Got so distracted with the "is it blue" or "is it turquoise" debate I forgot to do any distressing!
Anyway I can still enter the Outlawz Wednesday Sketch Challenge, and the delightful image is a freebie for the challenge on A Day for Daisies - Stitching and as it's coloured with Promarkers, why not enter the I love Promarkers - Easter challenge too.
I must have an inquisitive mind tonight, as I also spent rather along time pondering exactly how many stitches I should use to hold on the buttons in the corners, I momentarily debated stitching around the edge, but wary of a further blood injury (I stabbed myself with the needle with my first stitch), I decided against it. Good job I did, because I would probably still be sewing now.

5 comments:

  1. Hey C, thank goodness you decided against the extra stitching...Else I wouldn't have had anything to read this morning :)

    Lovely card, I really love the soft TURQOISE colour too. It just has such a calming effect. And beautifully coloured as usual too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not seen that image before. It's lovely. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty , lovely colouring ,thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week-Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, sorry about your booboo, your card is GORGEOUS, though! Thanks so much for joining in the ADFD challenge~ hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet & beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at ADFD! :)

    ReplyDelete