Monday, November 8, 2010

Winter Weddings

I've had to restrain myself from blogging and crafting every night, couldn't get into the bathroom for the mounds of washing pouring itself out of the laundry basket. I managed to get things under some semblance of control today, so as a treat I've made a card (and eaten half a tub of Haagen Dasz).

I used Spyder's sketch from this weeks Quirky Crafts Challenge, which I enjoyed, sometimes I just can't "get" a sketch, but this one was fine. The card is for a friend who is getting married in December, and I decided (in my wisdom) that a white or ivory card is too "cold" for winter, so I picked red! I added a bit of gold too, so it works with the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.



I've used a digi from the clipart fairy, and it does actually come already coloured, and you can get it in pink too. I printed off an extra set and layered it on top of the first. The background papers also came from a selection on the same site, and I used the computer to generate the sentiment. The ribbon is very cute and is made by East of India, I found a gift shop in Dunkeld selling loads of their things, and I wanted literally everything. My bit of gold paper was white, til I attacked it with a flourish stamp and some clear embossing powder, and again with some gold embossing powder, and again with a gold inkpad. Add a few gems and flowers, and the beast is tamed.....

6 comments:

  1. Great card Claire, bet your friend loves it!!! Good luck with your challenges & good luck with the washing mountain!!
    Hugs
    Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Claire, and I agree, this was a great sketch to work with! had to laugh at the vision of the washing mountain....thought you'd been peeking into MY house!!! Hugs from Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and me too, my washing and ironing mountain sometimes get muddled (oow-er!) So glad you let yourself have a bit of me-time to play with my sketch Claire, this is a lovely card, the embossing is fabulous, thank you for joining Quirky Craft's Sketch challenge this time round!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely warm winter wedding card Claire. Thanks for joining us again at QC. I know all about laundry mountains, I just conquered the ironing mountain last week myself!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just popped in to let you all know VOTING has now started (or will do very very soon!!) over on our latest Sketch Challenge on

    Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog!

    This is something new, we haven't done before, so we'd love you all to go over come and support our first try out, of choosing a winner!
    We on the team will pick our favourite but...
    the final vote is up to you!!!
    If you have entered this sketch challenge now is the time to ask all your buddies to vote for you!! Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete