Monday, November 1, 2010

Another day, another Christmas card

Surely I must have enough Christmas cards by now? If not then I must know too many people.....

So, anyway, here's the card of the day:

 I made it to follow these challenges:
365 Cards - Mint (I've gone for the mint/green theme)
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - it's chill time (what's better than relaxing with a steaming hot drink on a cold winter's day?)
Crafty Cardmakers - Stitching (notice the very real and very wonky stitching around my green circle)
Sunday Sketch & Stamp (snowflakes stamped on the stripy paper, and also on the green circle)

I made the card using magazine freebies - Nitwits Still Joyful Hearts for the minty green backing paper, and Polkadoodles Sundae of Seasons for the Mug, the sentiment and the stripy paper. I used some green card from my stash, and cut nearly a full circle with my Nestie, and then stitched it to the backing paper. It's been stamped with different sized snowflakes using an Ivy Brilliance Ink Pad, which doesn't show up too well on the photo. Cut a Nestie Label 1 of the stripy paper and added a stitched line with a green gel pen (I'd fallen out with the sewing machine by this point), and then cut out the mug and stuck it on with some foam pads. Punched out the sentiment and stuck that on with foam pads, added a few teeny tiny gems, and some blue stamped snowflakes, and job done.

7 comments:

  1. Nice festive card Clair. Thanks for playing along this time with SS&S. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee hee! You're braver than me Claire....I was bought a sewing machine for my birthday 2 years ago and I've never had it out of the box!!! Lovely card, good luck in the challenges. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your wonky stitching is just spot on.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet stitching detail for sure. Cute card. Way to use your stitching!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight! Don't forget about our spotlight challenge of "Digi Plus". Little Miss Neat (Corry).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, perfect for the 'It's Chill Time' theme!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft and good luck!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This very sweet. If only it was not 90 degrees here.... LOL Thanks for playing at 365 Cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great, love that cup and the sentiment :)
    Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
    Mira =)

    ReplyDelete