Today I'm having a go at two challenges - Sketch Saturday and Saturday Challenge, the first is a sketch (the name kinda gives it away?) and the second needs to be an easel card. I decided to combine the two, and bizarrely, even though I have never made an easel card before, I decided to make a circular one. And this is me with my lack of diecutter and hatred of freehand circle cutting.
Here is the sketch I was following:
And strangely enough it's not even circular. What was I thinking???
Here is the card I made
I have gone a bit grunge mad with it, the image was a freebie from Pollycraft called Luna's Happy Haunting, and as they are the sponsor of this weeks Sketch Saturday, it seemed appropriate to use it! I've coloured her in using promarkers, and inked the edges with a Brilliance ink pad, I've torn a bit of bright orange paper into a vague rectangle and mounted her on that.
The background was scrunched up and then inked in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, and then stamped with an Anna Griffin flourish stamp. I printed the sentiment off the computer and tinted it with chalks, along with the other tab, which also has a stamped flourish. I stuck some ribbon onto the background and stuck Luna down with some silicone glue.
For the base of the easel card, I covered it in parcel paper and cut a strip of some Papermania green flourish paper,and to make the little medallions to hold the card upright I punched 3 one inch circles of card. I'd gone into the craft shop in Perth on Thursday and bought some clear embossing powder, but she had no heat guns in stock, but she gave me a tip and said I could do it over the toaster! Worth a bash! You've never seen anything quite so ridiculous in all your life! There I was with my three little circles on a fish slice, holding it over the slots on my toaster, all was going well until the toaster popped! I jumped about 3 feet in the air and my little circles ended up in the toaster! Oh well it needed cleaning anyway....
The circles actually recovered from this traumatic experience really rather well, and I've coloured them in with my Spice promarker for a "resist" effect. Inked the edges a bit then stuck them on with silicone glue. Job done.
Now to sweep all the toast crumbs off the kitchen floor. And it rained on my washing.