Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's Christmas - not!

I have now resigned myself to the fact that Christmas is now only two short months away, so I may as well make Christmas cards for as many challenges as I can find. I figure that way, if I'm following a sketch or a colour scheme, I won't be spending quite so long staring at my Christmas stash, not knowing where to start!

I've made this card just now during baby's nap time (really must get him up...) and it follows the sketch for the Clean & Simple Challenge 113 and also the 365 Cards - Stampin' Saturday, which was to use stamps on a card and a matching envelope. I got slightly carried away with my envelope and it looks more impressive than the card!


The snowflake stamps and the sentiment come from a set of Personal Impressions clear stamps, and the flourish on the envelope comes from a set of Anna Griffin stamps. I've used a Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad in poppy and some Bazzill Card Stock. I did also use some ultra fine clear embossing powder on the three snowflakes on the card, and as I still have no heat gun, I did it in a teeny tiny frying pan on the gas hob! I used my Nestie Labels 1 too.

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. But that's as close to snow as I need to ge! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice job on the stamping challenge. Your envelope is a wonderful hint of what's instore inside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, fryong pan embossing!!!
    Really nice c ard! it worked well! Very impressive envie too!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not even thought about all the Christmas cards I need to make! Wonderful job with the challenge and I love your choice of stamps :)

    ReplyDelete