Monday, October 24, 2011

Secret Pal Stories....

Many of you will already know, but for those that don't, from October 2010 to October 2011 I took part in a Secret Pal exchange on Papercraft Planet, set up through the group "Anything Goes". I stumbled across it completely by accident about a month before it started, and as I was fairly new to cardmaking and very new to blogging and online forums, I thought it would be fun to give it a go.
I have to say it's probably one of the best things I've ever done! I was truly sorry when it came to an end, however, all is not lost because it's starting up again on 1st Jan 2012 and runs for another year! Sign ups are taking place until 31st October and all the information you need is here. New pals will be assigned in the next month or so - in the last round I received mail from a lovely lady in California, and I sent mail to sunny Florida. The requirement is to send 6 cards in a year - one every two months. Not hard for card-making fanatics, is it?
The icing on the cake for me was all the smashing ladies I got to know through participating, and I received a whole raft of cards from various people taking part......

4 comments:

  1. Claire, I must agree - it went so fast and was absolutely the best thing I ever signed up for. Can't wait for it to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I joined and very happy to have you as a friend. Looking forward to 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empty void since the next round of Secret Pal has not yet started *LOL* Nah.... not really as it has been a forum where I've found great new friends, so the card cornocopia is still doing it's job :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beautiful cards were an added bonus, weren't they?
    The friendships made were what mattered.....roll on the next round!

    ReplyDelete