Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Christmas, here I come!

It has been nagging me for a while that I should have made a start on my Christmas cards by now, and while I have made 3 so far, I have not been inspired by any of them to make more. After a long and hard ponderage on my lack of Christmas crafting, I came to the startling conclusion that I didn't have any Christmas images I wanted to colour/play with. Now, in that situation what would you do? Yes! Go shopping!

First and only stop was the awe inspiring Mo Manning's Digital Pencil store where I found her Ragged Angel. During my hours of ponderage, I also discovered I seem to be in a "place" where I can only colour and craft with cute, girlie images (I know it makes me shudder too, but you just have to go with the flow). I find Mo's drawings to be a happy medium - yes they are cute, but they do have character and are so very well drawn that they can be forgiven for any suggestion of cute-ness.

So here's what I did:
She's coloured in with Promarkers and the backing papers were magazine freebies froma month or two ago. The sentiment stamp is a rubber stamp from Polka Doodles. I did use pretty much the same colour combination as the pre-coloured example on Mo's site, but I'm sure I'll play about with that on later cards - I did print off another 5 of them, so it may become a regular feature ;)

I also found out if I iron my digis between two sheets of copy paper, the lines don't bleed with the Promarkers. I've noticed this can happen sometimes when using the lighter colours and the blending pen. Obviously, make sure you don't use the steam setting as I'm sure that would be really messy.

Not many Christmas challenges to be found - everything is Fall/Halloween at the moment, which is fair enough I suppose, but I did find one at OSAAT - use a digi, so I'm good to go....

5 comments:

  1. Adorable !!What a brilliant card !!
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge.
    Good Luck !
    Hope to see you back next week )

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Mo Manning's Digi stamps also. Have not started Christmas cards yet, don't know when I will :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you have entered THE Christmas challenge: will I finish all my Christmas cards in time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and love the coloring. I guess I better get started on my Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a BEAUTIFUL card Claire!!! I need to get started on mine as well!

    Smiles!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete